Sunday, October 19, 2008

A very merry half-birthday...

I have given up caffeine, and the decision may drive me mad. I'm cranky, I'm tired, and I'm anxious. I need a coke or a coffee. Or perhaps chocolate. But no matter...


In less than two weeks, I will begin writing the story that has been burning in my mind for over a year:

1. I will keep my expectations reasonable and strive for the best I can write, but not perfection.

2. I will attempt to keep my living environment relatively organized, my diet relatively balanced, and my schedule relatively routine.

3. I will consider writing my "job," in the absence of another, and will therefore maintain regular hours.

4. I will not only meet my word count; I will also finish my story.

13 days, and counting

1 comment:

Jamila said...

I didn't know you've been thinking about that story for a whole year!

Good list though.

I promise that we'll both win this year! Again!

P.S. Post more often, I like seeing how the story is progressing.

Oh and sorry I missed your call. I can't check my voicemail, but I'll try to get in touch with you this week.