Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm just out dealing with things way beyond my maturity level.

In the past few days, I have gained life experience that I had hoped never to have. My heart goes out to my friend and his family.

By some sick twist of fate, everything that has happened has inspired my story. Suddenly all the bumps and plot-holes seem to be smoothing themselves out.

I have an antagonist. Actually, a small group of antagonists. They use fear-mongering to turn the community against the good people, and when everyone is scared and trusting, they attack. Much like Dick Cheney. Also much like things happening here. The good people are locked away, and many are killed. Perhaps they are sent to labor camps. Their children are taken away and given to party families so that their rebellious spirits might be bred out of them, and they might be integrated into the new society. But when Evelyn discovers that she was taken from her parents, she sets off to find them, finding out more along the way about the world that had stolen her away from them. In her quest to find her family, she uncovers an evil plot that could destroy much much more than a pile of books.

On your mark...

1 comment:

Jamila said...

OOOOOOoooooo. I like that. I like where it's going. Soo frikken excited about your story.

Sorry about calling last night...in case you were busy. Give me a call today.

Still planning my story before I start writing...sigh..it's gonna be a late start.