Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Title and a Villain

Actually, that wouldn't make a bad working title either: A Title and a Villain

My working title is, for now, Whose Plot is It, Anyway? A little exhausted, but I won't be keeping it, and it helps to keep me on track and encourage me to inject humor into what may easily become a very dark tale.

My villain is Aaron Barrett "Brett" Willaims, III. He goes by many names corresponding to his many personas: A.B. Gillaim, Burt, Burl... For now, I'm writing his backstory--how he was beaten as a child and beaten as an adult, and now he beats people that remind him of himself. I want the reader to hate him, but feel sorry for him.

1 comment:

Jamila said...

Hehe...that would be an intriguing title, especially if it was a story about inheritance.

I am curious as to the period of your story--especially due to the villain's name. Is it current, set in the past or some fantastical place of your choosing be it timeless or whatever [think Royal Tenenbaums]?

As for my break, it's day two and I feel so lost. I don't know how I'm gonna make it a whole month.