Friday, August 1, 2008

RIGHT ON TARGET... SORT OF

My daily word count goal is 2,600 for the month, and today I took what I had already written for chapter one and edited. Very little actual writing. However, I didn't finish editing the entire section. So while I have about 2,600 words written of the rewrite, I am only going to count the 1,400 I really worked on today.

Every time I rewrite something it gets better, but it's hard to see the big picture from here. I'm trying to make the plot of the second draft tight enough that it will mostly be a style rewrite on the third go around. Yes, I'm being a realist. I expect a third rewrite.

My problem right now is that I have little to no direction, so tomorrow I will finish chapter one, in which Kate goes to visit her unhelpful advisor, finds a notice on the bulletin board on the way out, sends in her resume, and gets a job in the box office of a local theater.

Chapter two will begin one year later, in the apartment from hell.

Daily: 1,418
Overall: 1,418

No comments: