Sunday, August 3, 2008

MY DAY OFF

I wrote 36 words today (mostly so I could not be accused of skiving off). But those 36 words opened the door to an entire sequence between the email and the interview, so now I have two more sections to complete to get to the end of the chapter. I just need to decide what happens in that day. The interview should be easy to write. I like how the first chapter is shaping up to be a 20-25 page setup for the rest of the book. That way I can present a lot of necessary information and personality before everything goes to hell.

It is important to present Kate as an easy going, somewhat lazy, likable character at the beginning of the book so the reader can fully appreciate the downward spiral still to come. It is much more dramatic a change in personality moving from the college Kate to the overworked, sleep-deprived, angst-ridden Kate in the job.

I will not pretend like I've written enough to merit a word count today.

I did, however, go for a walk. It was very nice. And hopefully I will go for another tomorrow.

No comments: