Monday, November 23, 2009

I have been sick for more than two weeks...

It would be a lot easier to get better if I had sick leave and health insurance. But considering that I have been working 10 hour days, 6-7 days a week, with what is possibly the flu or pneumonia, or goodness only knows what else, I'm not getting better. Alright, Washington, get your asses in gear and fix the damn problem!

I had to move home two years ago because I couldn't afford the $1000 bill for antibiotics and the trip to the emergency room (since no doctor would see me without insurance) to take care of a simple UTI. Which, by the way, didn't fix the problem, and I had to go back for 3 more and possibly have permanent kidney damage, and I was another couple thousand dollars in debt. So I don't want to go to the hospital for antibiotics for bronchitis, just because no one will see me without insurance. I can't afford it. I can hardly afford to buy groceries and toothpaste, much less shell out a couple hundred dollars to see a doctor.

I just want to breathe, dammit!

No comments: