Sunday, November 8, 2009

I had a dream last night...

Part I: Before the Arrest
Part II: The Investigation
Part III: The Trial

Before I go to bed tonight, I want to be done with Part I. My thought on this draft is that if I can get it all written out, I can go back and rewrite one chapter at a time for the rewrite.

This draft of the book (not to jinx anything) has much more structure than the last, even though the characters are still not fully developed, and my actual writing structure and style is crap. Once you give in to changing tenses every other sentence and various points of view and not spell checking and throwing grammar out the window (much like this post), the writing becomes much more enjoyable.

I am starting at about 16,000 words this morning. I'll check in with a final word count later this evening.

No comments: