Monday, November 17, 2008

Well, I'm not where I'd like to be, but...

My friend, you have passed me gallantly, clearing 30,000. I am lagging behind at 25K. However, though I am a day behind, I am now only one day behind, and without a play or strike, I will have more time the next two days to write. No longer will I be cleaning to procrastinate writing--now I'll be writing to procrastinate packing.

I have been in a slump with my book, unsure of where to take it, but last night I decided that I am going to approach it like a play, and the second act will be related but entirely different. Different mood, different POV, but the same story. Much more experimental, where the first half was relatively conventional.

I have a working title, finally, which makes a huge difference in how I feel about the book: Foxes and Bluebirds

Current word count: 25,000

1 comment:

Jamila said...

Technically my dear you're not that far behind and good work getting as far as you have. Just keep it up and don't let the vampires, plot bunnies or a new more seductive story idea stop you. We're going to make it!

I just need to bust ass because I know that my story is going to be long from over by the time 50k hits, so I need to cover some ground.