Sunday, September 14, 2008

And so the planning continues...

Lately, I have been collecting notes and pictures to inspire this year's NaNoWriMo novel. I had never thought to add a photography element to the process, but I have been reading Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close lately, and the photography is an integral part of the story. Plus, Lynda Barry's Cruddy is next on my reading list, followed by The Invention of Hugo Cabret, so if I immerse myself in work incorporating both a pictorial and verbal element into the novel, I'm sure it will rub off on my own work. I still have to reach 50,000 words, but hopefully looking for inspirational images will help to fuel the fire when I hit the mid-book lag.

On an entirely different note, I made a New Year's resolution this year to read 10,000 pages of "reading for pleasure" during 2008, and I've now read just over 7,000. I think I can read 3,000 more in 3 1/2 months!

No comments: