Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anyone for Seconds? or Consider This a Pity Post

Yesterday I just wasn't feeling the novel. Probably because I had set aside a day to work on it. Today I need to be cleaning, and all I want to do is work on my book.

I've been tossing around a few titles lately. The working title is The PDX Project. I have considered Curiouser and Curiouser, but that title is overdone, as appropriate as it may be. My top choice right now is my NaNoWriMo title from last November: Peanut Butter: A Tale of Unrequited Love. For now, I'm sticking with my working title, so I don't write myself into a corner.

I have several promising pieces to the tale at the moment, but no through plotline, so my next step in the process is to develop a vicious antagonist and draft a new outline. I'm toying with the idea of introducing The Devil, folk tale style. The magic is missing from the story. I'm going for a Big Fish or American Gods adventure, so I either need to introduce Death or The Devil.

I like concept of trying to outwit Death. Maybe that's where I should be going with this. Hmm...

No comments: