Monday, July 21, 2008

I HAVE RECONSIDERED

After working on High School Musical for two months, I have reconsidered the removal of Grease from my manuscript. Instead of stage managing, my character is now going to direct the show, and instead of dealing with prima donna Equity actors, she will be dealing with middle schoolers and a producer who can't say no to a few more kids joining the cast each rehearsal. That leaves more room for lead cast members to be gone on family vacations the week before (or week of) hell week, angry costumers, and stage parents, which makes for a much more interesting sideplot. I will miss Jenny at Steak&Shake, but maybe I can find a way to work her back in.

I am trying not to rush myself with the rewrite. One chapter at a time, if I can keep myself interested.

No comments: